Sunday, October 24, 2010

Keziah GILMORE WISELEY (15 Mar 1812-15 Mar 1891) Ohio

 Jesse and Keziah (GILMORE) WISELEY

 Jesse and Keziah later in life

Keziah is my great-great-great grandmother. I love the name Keziah. It is a Biblical name...the second daughter of Job was named Keziah.

Keziah GILMORE
b. 19 Mar 1812? Fairfield county, Ohio
m. 25 Sep 1833 Lancaster, Fairfield, Ohio to Jesse WISELEY (1808-1887)
d. 15 Mar 1891 Biglick, Hancock, Ohio


So, the picture of Keziah's tombstone (which spells her name Kiziah) is hard to read. It lists the death date as 15 March 1891 aged 78 years ? months and 24 days. I think it might be 0 or 11 months, but I really can't say. If it were 0, would they carve that? So maybe it's 11?


If it is 11 months, then her birth date would be 19 March 1812.
According to the 1880 census, her parents were both born in Virginia. That's all I know about them. Her son, Amos, did marry a Martha Mary GILMORE, who's father was named David. I wonder if there is a connection.

Jesse WISELEY is the son of Edward Bond WISELEY and Leah TOMLINSON.  There are several Jesse Wiseleys and people sometimes confuse them.

issue:

1-John WISELEY (1834-3 Sep 1837)
2-William L. WISELEY (8 May 1836-after 1910 census) m. Elizabeth G. GLATHART (GLOTHART)
3-Henry H. WISELEY (1 Aug 1837-29 Sep 1918) m. Lurany WISELEY--my great-great grandparents
4-Sarah E. WISELEY (30 Apr 1840-27 Feb 1920) m. Ross W. MOORE
5-Nathan WISELEY (1841-3 Mar 1842)
6-Amos M. WISELEY (Nov 1842-between 1900 and 1910) m. Mary Martha GILMORE
7-Mary J. WISELEY (Jul 1845-2 Mar 1931) m. Henry J. GILLESPIE

Sad to say, I have no more info to go on. I wish I knew more.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    My GGGG Grandfather is Amos Wiseley. I have many photos of him and his family including of his wife Martha Gilmore. His daughter Ida is my GGG Grandmother. How can I share these with you?
    email me ashwilli33@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    A. Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job. I am anxious to read even more of what you have done. You may want to check my blog as well. Wiseleyfamilyresearch.blogspot.com
    Will be in tough. Ashley and I have spoken a few times by phone and there are others that have contacted me regarding the wiseley family.
    My email is davidwiseley@gmail.com
    Exciting!!!
    Great job. A real service to fellow researchers. Thank you THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the grandson of Eldon Scott Wiseley (always known as "Scott." The picture of him and his family in front of the homestead was facinating. I spent many a summer staying in that house. It still stands. I have early pictures and research on the family that I would be happy to share. David Wiseley put me on to this site. ddoxseelaw@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently come into possession of a book that previously belonged to Jesse Wiseley. It has his name hand written in it and says that it was presented to him on June 18th 1870. I am trying to learn a little more about him so if anyone wants to help, my email is tcamd50@gmail.com I am mainly concerned with what his occupation was and what his hobbies included.

    ReplyDelete